Planning applications must be made by any person proposing to carry out development requiring planning permission.
Making an application
Planning applications can be made online through the Planning Portal. Submit an application online with the Planning Portal website
Applications are required for permission to carry out work to:
- listed buildings
- display advertisements
- to demolish any buildings in a conservation area.
Applications are also required to notify the council of other proposals, e.g
- telecommunications towers/equipment
- erection of agricultural buildings and other works
- demolition of residential buildings
- works to protected trees and trees in conservation areas etc.
The development or works should not be undertaken before appropriate approval is granted.