The Borough Council provides cemetery services for the population of Chesterfield and manages the Chesterfield and District Crematorium at Chesterfield Road, Brimington in partnership with Bolsover and North East Derbyshire District Councils, serving the whole of north eastern Derbyshire.
These pages have been produced to assist you in your quieter moments. The site will advise you on all of our services including cemetery management, our maintenance standards, plus a
host of other informative features for you to consider.
We aim to provide a caring, dignified and professional burial and cremation service, which, in accordance with statutory regulations and best practice guidelines, seeks to:
- fulfil stakeholder expectations – in terms of the quality and range of service provision, maintaining the choice between burial and cremation, whilst remaining conscious of the need for sensitivity at all times;
- promote sustainability in service delivery – by minimising the impact of bereavement upon the environment and maximising the opportunity to promote biodiversity;
- promote social inclusion – by positively tackling aspects of service delivery which discriminate against particular groups, for example, those on low incomes;
- promote customer service – by ensuring that the service is an integral part of a seamless response to bereavement in Chesterfield and North Derbyshire, and
- promote effectiveness – using resources in an efficient and cost effective manner, matching the performance levels of the best bereavement service providers, over a period of five years.
- 4 cemeteries at Boythorpe, Staveley, Spital and Brimington;
- a cemetery memorial safety programme – a 4 year reinstatement programme of work for memorials found to be unsafe;
- a crematorium;
- resources to maintain closed churchyards;
- a burial and cremation records information service.
We have gained recognition for the quality of the cremation service we provide through the Charter for the Bereaved.
You can make a comment, complaint or compliment by contacting an Officer (see contact information below).
Bereavement Services Manager: Angela Dunn
Tel: (01246) 345888
Bereavement Services Officer (Cemeteries): Sue Ramsey
Tel: (01246) 345112
Bereavement Services Officer (Crematorium): Philip Hill
Tel: (01246) 345885
Administrative Assistant/Bereavement Services Officer (Crematorium): Ross Fawbert
Tel: (01246) 345880
The Chesterfield & District Crematorium
Tel: (01246) 345888
Fax: (01246) 345889
Email: email@example.comOffice Hours
Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
For more information, please visit us or telephone 01246 345888.
How to find us
Please click the link below to download a location map.