The council has drawn up a planning brief for the redevelopment of the former Newbold School site, which is allocated in the Local Plan for the development of new homes. It requires any future developer to:
- make up to around a third of homes affordable;
- make sure the site provides homes in a well-designed layout which:
- respects the nearby setting of the Eyre Chapel, the adjacent conservation area and trees and the surrounding area;
- provides good quality open space, a play area and landscaping;
- ensures that people are encouraged to use sustainable transport, by creating good links to walking and cycling routes
- minimise energy use by building to Level 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- contribute to the provision of local community facilities including school places, public open space, local labour and public art.
The planning brief can be viewed through the link below: