Our new customer service centre has opened.
Where is it?
The centre is in the former Revenues Hall building at 85 New Square, Chesterfield, S40 1AH - just off the Market Place.
Services offered in the Customer Service Centre
The centre will manage enquiries about:
- Council rent accounting
- Council rent recovery
- Council tax accounting
- Council tax recovery
- Council tax support (Council tax reduction scheme)
- Housing benefit
- Discretionary housing payments
- Benefits fraud investigations
- Miscellaneous accounts, such as commercial rent, trade refuse, all other ad-hoc invoices
- Business rates accounting
- Business rates recovery
- Legal debt recovery
- Taxi licenses
- Licenses for retail premises to sell alcohol
- Licenses for a club, or someone on behalf of a club, to sell alcohol
- Entertainment licenses
- Late night refreshment licenses
- Licenses for the sale of alcohol in private clubs
- Licenses for premises where gambling is to take place (including registering small society lotteries).
- Temporary event licenses
- House collection licenses
- Street collection licenses
- Scrap metal dealers registration licenses
- Sex establishment premises licenses
- Pleasure boat operator licenses
- Motor salvage operator licenses
- Hypnotism act licenses
- Making a planning application
- Viewing and commenting on a planning application
- Appeals against planning decisions
- Noise control
- Smoke, dust and bonfires
- Odour nuisance
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
- Industrial processes
- Light nuisance
- Construction and demolition
- Statutory consultations
• Homeless prevention
Other housing staff will be using the interview facilities.
Gold Card applications
Gold Card applications will continue to be handled at the Town Hall in Rose Hill.
Where is the nearest car park?
Rose Hill and Soresby Street pay on return car parks are near the Customer Service Centre.
There is also on street parking opposite the Town Hall building in Rose Hill.
More information at www.chesterfield.gov.uk/parking
Other customer service information:
New Ways to Pay Bills
Housing Benefit FAQs
Council Tax Help
Alternately, please call us on 01246 345345 or text us on 07960 910264. (opening hours are 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday)