Where is it?
The centre is in the former Revenues Hall building at 85 New Square, Chesterfield, S40 1AH. It can be found just off the Market Place.
8.30am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
10am to 5pm on Wednesday
8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday
9am to midday on Saturdays for payments only
Customer Service Centre services
Staff at the centre are available to help you with a range of enquiries.
- Council rent accounting
- Council rent recovery
- Council tax accounting
- Council tax recovery
- Council tax support (council tax reduction scheme)
- Housing benefit
- Discretionary housing payments
- Benefits fraud investigations
- Miscellaneous accounts, such as commercial rent, trade refuse, all other ad-hoc invoices
- Business rates accounting
- Business rates recovery
- Legal debt recovery
- Taxi licences
- Licences for retail premises to sell alcohol
- Licences for a club, or someone on behalf of a club, to sell alcohol
- Entertainment licences
- Late night refreshment licences
- Licences for the sale of alcohol in private clubs
- Licences for premises where gambling is to take place (including registering small society lotteries)
- Temporary event licences
- House collection licences
- Street collection licences
- Scrap metal dealers registration licences
- Sex establishment premises licences
- Pleasure boat operator licences
- Motor salvage operator licences
- Hypnotism act licences
- Making a planning application
- Viewing and commenting on a planning application
- Appeals against planning decisions
- Noise control
- Smoke, dust and bonfires
- Odour nuisance
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
- Industrial processes
- Light nuisance
- Construction and demolition
- Statutory consultations
Gold Card applications
Please note that Gold Card applications will continue to be handled at the Town Hall in Rose Hill.
Where is the nearest car park?
Rose Hill and Soresby Street pa-on-return car parks are near the Customer Service Centre.
There is also on street parking opposite the Town Hall building in Rose Hill. Find out more parking information at www.chesterfield.gov.uk/parking
Other customer service information
Alternatively, please call us on 01246 345 345 or text us on 07960 910 264. The telephone line opening hours are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.