Tell us what you think about our site...
Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Chesterfield Borough Council website.

However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.

Text Size:

You are here: Home  »  Tax/Benefits  »  Revenues Updates

Revenues Updates

In March a number of documents will be posted out to the residents of Chesterfield. The main ones being:

• Council Bills

• End of Year Benefit Calculation Letters (where applicable)

• Rent Increase Letters (where applicable)

The Rent Increase letters should have all landed on the doorsteps by 4th March. These letters do not include any information about any increase in Benefits or what the water rates have been set at.

A further letter will be sent (which replaces the rent cards) and this will show a full breakdown of the charges including any HB entitlement. It also has a payment grid on the reverse to show the rent free weeks. This should be despatched on 18th March.

For Council tenants who pay water rates inclusive with their rent this info will be included on the letter that replaces the rent cards.

Other residents will receive a bill from Severn Trent but we do not know when this will be sent.

Council Tax Bills and End of Year Benefit Calculation Letters should arrive at the same time, around the 13th March. If you are entitled to Council Tax Support, this will be covered in the End of Year Benefits Calculation Letter. Government changes this year have seen a stop to Council Tax Benefit, this has been replaced with Council Tax Support which enables a maximum of 91.5% of your Council Tax bill able to be paid for by Chesterfield Borough Council to anyone who is of working age.

The End of Year Benefit Calculation Letters also inform you of how much you will be entitled to for housing benefits. If you have made a recent change, this may not be reflected in this letter.

As of 1st April 2013, anyone in Council/Housing Associated Owned properties may be impacted by the Under Occupancy Charge. Please click here for more information.

The Council offers the facility to pay both Council Tax and Council Housing Rent by Direct Debit, please call us on 345345 if you wish to set up a Direct Debit over the telephone. You can also pay online by clicking here, please ensure you have the relevant account number available. You can also telephone 08456 020214 (24 hours a day) and pay over the automated telephone line using your Debit or Credit Card. Accepted Debit Cards are Visa Electron, Visa Delta, Switch/Maestro and Solo (please note that there is no charge for Debit Card payments however a charge of 1.5% is applied for all Credit Card payments. All letters and Council Tax Bills are now printed with a bar code on it so that you are able to make payments to your own specific account via anywhere that advertises paypoint payments. You can also make payments via the newly refurbished Revenues Hall. Please click here for more information about the re-opening of the Revenues Hall.

Useful Council Tax Links

Council Tax Services

Council Tax Support Scheme

Useful Benefits Links

Welfare Benefits

Benefits Calculator

Housing Benefit FAQ's

I want to claim benefit

Housing Benefit Advice Documents

Links to useful websites

Please click here to Report a missed bin collection. Please be aware that your bin will be collected on your allocated collection date between 07:00 and 16:30 and your bin needs to be presented before 07:00 on that day at the latest. Reports will be processed during normal office opening hours.

Please click here for information about the re-opening of the Revenues Hall

Please click here to view more information on ways to pay or here to pay online.

Please click here for information about Grit Bins.

Please click here for the recycling site's (Stonegravels & Markham) opening hours.

Please click here to report a Council Property Housing repair. Use the 'out of hours' contact details in an emergency.

Please click here for the latest snow information.

If you need to report a lost dog, please call 0300 323 0076.

If you are homeless, please call 'Call Derbyshire' on 08456 058058 or 01629 533190.

Click here to request a call back/email response, which will be dealt with on the open days noted above.

Chesterfield Borough Council
Town Hall
Rose Hill
S40 1LP

Tel: 01246 345345
Text: 07960 910264
Fax: 01246 345252


Click here to view the location of the Town Hall


Social Media
  • facebook 
  • twitter
  • YouTube
  • flickr
  • E-Mail