The Transfer Incentive Scheme is a financial contribution to Chesterfield Borough Council tenants in these specified situations.
Transfer to a Sheltered Scheme
Due to the shortage of family houses, CBC (Chesterfield Borough Council) offers up to £2,500 to existing tenants willing to move from a family house into either a flat or studio in a CBC sheltered housing scheme. We have schemes at:
- Glebe Court - Old Whittington
- Duewell Court - Barrow Hill
- Catherine Court & Brocklehurst Court - Brampton
- Markham Court - Duckmanton
- AstonCourt & Mallard Court - Lowgates
Mutual Exchange when Under Occupying
Due to changes brought about by the Welfare Reform Act, some households may find that they are under occupying their properties (as per the Governments bedroom standard).
Where an under occupying household mutually exchanges their property for a smaller CBC property which results in their under occupancy being reduced to either:
- no longer under occupied; or
- under occupied by 1 bedroom (where their previous under occupancy was by 2 bedrooms or more)
Chesterfield Borough Council will offer up to £500 to the tenant.
Assistance with the Move
If assistance is required to move to another property, we can offer help with:
- Arranging removals
- Arranging diconnection and re-connection of services
- Re-fitting of carpets
- Repayment of rent arrears
The cost of carrying out any or all of the above would be taken from the lump sum and the balance paid to the tenants. If you are interested in the scheme and would like to know more, please contact the Housing Solutions Centre at :
On the Move - 73 Low Pavements, Chesterfield, S40 1PB
By Telephone: 01246 345671/345672
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org