Chesterfield residents are invited to take part in this year’s Great British Spring Clean, organised by environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy and supported by Chesterfield Borough Council.
The campaign, which runs from 22 March to 23 April and will see up to 500,000 people taking action to clean up streets, parks and beaches across the country.
The council is organising five events in Chesterfield:
- Loundsley Green Conservation and Improvement Group litter pick, Friday 22 March, 11am to 12.30pm – meet at Loundsley Green Community Centre, Cuttholme Road
- Racecourse Rubbish Rangers community litter pick, Wednesday 27 March, 11am to 1.30pm – meet at bus stop, Racecourse Road/Mountcastle Walk
- Middlecroft community litter pick, Tuesday 9 April, 11am to 12.30pm – meet at Edensor Court car park
- Holme Hall Unite community litter pick, Thursday 11 April, 11am to 12.30pm – meet at Home Hall Community Hub, Mercaston Close
- Grangewood community litter pick, Wednesday 17 April, 11am to 12.30pm – meet at Burns Close Community Room.
Councillor Helen Bagley, Chesterfield Borough Council’s cabinet member for homes and customers, said: “Improving the quality of life for local people is one of our key priorities, which is why we are supporting people in organising these litter picks to keep their neighbourhoods clean and tidy.
“I’d encourage anyone to sign up and take part.”
To sign up for one of the events, call (01246) 345147 or email: email@example.com.
To find out more about the Great British Spring Clean visit: www.keepbritaintidy.org.