Chesterfield Borough Council is committed to making sure that our residents are not missing out and are claiming the money they are entitled to. Billions of pounds of benefit go unclaimed each year because people find the benefits system too complicated and the forms too difficult to complete.
Claiming benefits will make you better off each week and may help you get grants that are available through The Home Improvement Service. Find out how the benefits advisor can help you below.
- How can the benefits advisor help me?
- Who can the benefits advisor help?
- How can I contact the council's benefits advisor?
- Where can I get more advice about benefits?
1. How can the benefits advisor help me?
Our benefits advisor can:
- answer your queries about benefits
- help you complete your benefit claim forms
- visit you in your home if you are housebound
- give talks to social groups on benefits-related matters
2. Who can the benefits advisor help?
Our benefits advisor is able to help any resident of the borough, particularly those with long-term health problems or low incomes, and pensioners.
3. How can I contact the council's benefits advisor?
The council's benefits advisor is Anne Kitchen. You can contact her by:
Customer Services Centre
PO Box 100
85 New Square