Tell us what you think about our site...

Compliments or complaints

Compliments or complaints

I am happy with the way the council dealt with me.

We would like to know if we are doing things right. Compliment or complain about the service of our benefit section. We will need to know your name and address so we can reply to you.

I am not happy with the way the council dealt with me.

We want to provide high quality services, with courtesy and respect, without discrimination, to everybody. But sometimes we may make mistakes or quite simply get it wrong.

If you feel unhappy with the way you have been treated, if you feel you have been discriminated against or not treated respectfully, please tell us.

We value your complaints and criticism. This gives us the opportunity to investigate, apologise if wrong, make amends or change practices if necessary. We hope we can learn from our mistakes. We will treat your complaint, as far as possible, confidentially.

Click here to tell us your complaint. We will confirm receipt of this within five working days and a full response will be with you within three weeks.

I am still not happy.

You will be invited to contact the town clerk and chief executive, your local councillor or your member of parliament. We can tell you how to do this.

I am still not satisfied with the council's response.

The Local Government Ombudsman investigate complaints of injustice arising from maladministration by local authorities and certain other bodies. They investigate complaints about councils and other authorities with the aim of putting things right if they have gone wrong. They are appointed by Her Majesty the Queen and are completely independent of the government, councils and the people who complain to them. Like judges, they are impartial. They have the same powers as the High Court to order anyone to produce information or documents for their investigations. The investigations are carried out in private and there is no charge for the service.

Visit the Local Government Ombudsman website or you can contact them at the following address.

Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Tel: 0300 061 0614
Fax: 024 7682 0001

Last updated on 30 September 2016