From Tuesday 24 March, the Customer Service Centre and On The Move will be closed to the public until further notice.
Our staff are still working hard to solve any issues you may have but you must now contact them using the following contact details:
Customer Services - call 01246 345345 between 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
On The Move – call 01246 345700
Emergency repairs – call 01246 345000 during office hours and 01246 345041 for out of hours emergency repairs
Homelessness prevention - call 07870 277291 during office hours and 01629 533190 for out of hours enquires
Derbyshire Discretionary Fund – for all enquiries call 01629 533399
For further updates, visit our Coronavirus information hub.
Our customer service team provides a first point of contact for our residents, visitors and local businesses.
Our advisors answer around 200,000 calls and see around 40,000 visitors at our Customer Service Centre each year.
Call us on 01246 345345
Our contact centre is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
Contact us by using our online form here.
85 New Square, Chesterfield, S40 1AH, you can find us off New Square, just up from Dents chemist.
The Customer Service Centre is open (different times apply for licensing enquiries):
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - 8.30am to 5pm
Wednesday - 10am to 5pm
Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
Saturdays (for payments only) - 9am to midday.
Monday and Wednesday - 10am to noon, 1pm to 4pm.
Tuesday and Thursday - 1pm to 4pm.
Friday - 10am to midday, 1pm to 3.30pm.
Where to park - the closest car parks are Rose Hill and Soresby Street pay on return car parks. There is also on-street meter parking on Rose Hill at the front and sides of the Town Hall. Find out more about parking here.
Contact us aboutExpand all
We can help with enquiries about registering to vote, voting by post or proxy, the electoral register and up-and-coming elections.
We deal with enquiries and complaints about:
- air quality
- construction and demolition
- contaminated land
- industrial processes
- light nuisance
- noise control
- odour nuisance
- smoke, dust and bonfires
- statutory consultations
Contact us to request a repair, or check progress on a repair to a home you rent from us.
- Benefits - Housing Benefits, discretionary housing payments, benefit fraud investigations.
- Business Rates - accounts and recovery of Business Rates (National Non-Domestic Rates) payments.
- Council Tax - accounts, payments, recovery of outstanding amounts and Council Tax Support claims.
- Rents - accounts and recovery of overdue payments of rent for council properties.
- Miscellaneous accounts and debt recovery - such as commercial rent, trade refuse, legal debts and other invoices.
We also deal with all other incoming calls to the council's main phone line and will transfer your call to the correct team if it's about a service that's not listed above.
Other services available at the Customer Service Centre
Homelessness prevention and support.
Licensing applications and enquiries, such as:
- alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshments and temporary event notices
- gambling, street collections, house-to-house collections
- scrap metal and motor salvage
- taxi and private hire vehicles.
Planning and development control matters including:
- applying for planning permission
- viewing and commenting on a planning application
- appeals against planning decisions.
Gold card applications - you can apply for a Derbyshire County Council gold card travel permit at the Customer Service Centre. Find out more here.
Customer service management team
Head of customer centric services - Damon Bruce
Revenues manager - Carolyn Szadura
Customer services manager - Chris Walton
Benefits manager - Paul Radcliffe
Customer service performance, improvement and customer satisfaction
We want to provide you with an excellent service, so we monitor our performance, set ourselves high standards of service, and ask you to tell us if we're getting things right or wrong. Find out more here.