Coronavirus (COVID-19) - We are now in a national lockdown: stay at home. Find out how it is affecting our services.

Running a food business

Running a food business

To store, prepare, distribute or sell food on business premises you need to be registered with the local authority. 

Premise examples include restaurants, cafes, hotels, shops, canteens, market stalls, mobile catering vans and food delivery vans. 

Some manufacturers handling products of animal origin may need to be approved by the local authority or the Food Standards Agency (meat hygiene), rather than registered. 

If you are uncertain whether your business needs to be approved or registered, please call us on 01246 345345.

Last updated on 30 December 2020