The Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed (LRSG-C) is a business support grant to help businesses that have been forced to close due to government restrictions.
Find out about:
Who can claim an LRSG-C business support grant?
You may be able to claim an LRSG-C business support grant from us if you are a Chesterfield Borough Council Business Rates payer and your business meets ALL of the following criteria:
- the business was open and trading as usual before restrictions were imposed*
- it was registered for Business Rates before restrictions were imposed*
- it is one of the types of business that have been instructed to close
* To claim LRSG-C for periods that fall between 5 November and 30 December 2020, the business must have been open and running as normal on 4 November 2020, and must have been registered for Business Rates on 5 November 2020. New businesses claiming from 31 December 2020 only (when Tier 4 restrictions came into force) must have been open and running as normal, and have been registered for Business Rates, on 30 December 2020.
You must be the Business Rates payer - that is the person named on the Business Rates bill. If the Business Rates bill is in the name of a company, the person that applies must hold a position of responsibility within the company and be authorised to make the claim on behalf of the business.
Businesses that have been instructed to close
The types of businesses that have been forced to close depends on the type of national or local restriction in force - find out more here.
Businesses that are not eligible
Your business will not be eligible for the scheme if it:
- was not open and trading before restrictions were imposed
- was not registered for Business Rates before restrictions were imposed
- is not one of the businesses that have been instructed to close
- has chosen to close, but is not required to
- has entered into administration or insolvency
- has exceeded state aid limits
If you are no longer entitled
You must notify the council straight away if your business is no longer eligible for LRSG-C-C business support grant after submitting your application. This could be because the business:
If your business is paid a grant that it is not entitled to the funding will be reclaimed, and any business caught falsifying their records to gain grant money will face prosecution.
Evidence required to support your claim
You will need the following information to claim:
Business Rates account reference - this is an 8 character reference beginning with 5, you can find this on your annual bill
Business bank account details - this is the account we will pay the grant into
Proof of business bank account - the most recent statement or a screenshot of online banking, and must:
- show the business bank details
- be from within the last month
- show business transactions during this period
You will need to upload electronic copies, scanned images or clear photos of your documents.
How to claim
If you run a business in the Chesterfield Borough Council area, and your business has closed due to government restrictions, you can apply for a LRSG-C business support grant online through My Chesterfield. Registering for an account is quick and easy, and you will be able to track the progress of your claim.
You need to claim from the local council that sends your Business Rates bill. If you're not sure who that is you can find your local council here.
If you are unable to apply online please call our customer services team on 01246 345345.
How much is paid
If you qualify, you will receive a lump sum payment for the four week period of national lockdown from 5 November to 1 December 2020. The amount your business will get depends on the rateable value (RV) of your premises:
- RV £15,000 or under - you will receive £1334
- RV £15,001 to £50,999 - you will receive £2000
- RV £51,000 or over - you will receive £3000
If you qualify under further local or national restrictions your business will get the following amounts for each 14-day rolling period that applies:
- RV £15,000 or under - you will receive £667
- RV £15,001 to £50,999 - you will receive £1000
- RV £51,000 or over - you will receive £1500
You can find your rateable value on your Business Rates bill, or check online here.
How will the payments be made?
Payment will be made directly into the bank account matching the bank statement you provided with your claim. We are not able to make the payment into any other bank account or by cheque.
Tax on Local Restrictions Support Grant payments
Grant income received by a business is taxable. The LRSG-C payment will need to be included as income in the business's tax return.
State aid limits
Any business that has reached the limits of payments permissible under the De Minimis and the UK Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework will not be able to receive further grant funding.
This means that your business may not receive more than £735,650 in Covid-19 grant funding. Find out more about state aid.
Can I claim for more than one business?
You can claim for any business where you are the Business Rates payer, provided it meets the eligibility criteria and doesn't exceed state aid limits.
When does the scheme end?
This scheme covers the four week national lockdown period from 5 November to 1 December 2020, followed by further local and national restrictions from 2 December 2020 onwards. Eligible businesses do not need to reapply, but you must tell us if your business is no longer entitled to LRSG-C business support grant.
Applications for LRSG-C for the lockdown period 5 November to 1 December 2020 must be received by 31 January 2021.
Hospitality and leisure businesses may qualify for a Local Restrictions Support Grant - Open scheme (LRSG-O) payment from 2 December 2020 to 30 December 2020 if they were no longer forced to close, but were severely impacted by the local restrictions in force.
You may also be interested in: