Memories are so important to who we are and our memory boxes are a wonderful way of reminding people about their past.
Unfortunately our memory boxes are currently unavailable for loan due to the museum closure but we are looking at ways to hopefully reintroduce this service in the future.
In the mean time, we have made a series of short memory box videos which explore the different boxes and their contents and which will hopefully encourage people to rekindle memories and talk about their life.
This can be a great help to people who are living with dementia and we have received positive feedback from care homes who have used our memory box videos to engage, support and share countless memories.
The list below shows the wide variety of topics that our memory boxes cover:
- Dorothy's sewing box - memories of sewing, knitting and crocheting
- Dressed to impress - memories of dressing up and going out
- Going shopping - good for reminiscing about buying food in local shops
- Holidays - memories or holidays at the seaside and abroad
- In the garden - rekindling memories of time spent outdoors
- In the kitchen - memories of home cooking
- Our working life - recall time at work including local companies
- Sweet dreams - remembering magical moment at the sweet shop
- The royal box - memories of royal events
- The swinging sixties - music and fashion from the 1960s
- Time for tea - memories of teatime with the family
- Us kids - childhood memories
- What we did for fun - hobbies, pastimes and recreation
If you have any ideas of themes for future memory boxes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.