Memories are so important to who we are and our Memory Boxes are a wonderful way of reminding older people about their past. The objects in our boxes help people to connect to their memories and talk about their life. This can be a great help to people who are living with dementia.
Borrowing a reminiscence box
Our memory boxes can be loaned from the museum for a small fee of £5 per week (not including delivery)
We have a range of memory boxes covering the following topics:
- Dressed to Impress - memories of dressing up and going out.
- Going Shopping - good for reminiscing about buying food in local shops.
- Holidays - holidays in the past at the seaside and abroad.
- In the Garden - rekindling memories of time spent outdoors.
- In the Kitchen - memories of home cooking.
- Our Working Life - recall time at work including local companies.
- Sweet Dreams - remembering magical moments in the sweet shop.
- Time for Tea - memories of teatime with the family.
- Us Kids - childhood memories.
- What We Did for Fun
Please contact Chesterfield Museum (01246 345727 or email@example.com) for more information and availability