Friends of parks and open spaces
Chesterfield Borough Council is working hard with local voluntary "friends" groups for the benefit of our parks and open spaces in the borough.
Established groups can be found using the links in the left-hand menu. These pages contain information about each group and how to join.
If you want to get involved, please get in touch. Also, if you live near a park or open space and wish to start a friends group, please let us know so we can help you get started.
Have you ever thought about volunteering, and the benefits this can bring to both yourself and the environment?
By volunteering with the council’s Park Ranger service, you will:
- get hands-on experience and learn new skills
- feel good about yourself and increase physical activity levels
- meet new people
- find out about traditional skills, habitat management and conservation
- help look after your local green space by brightening or tidying it up
- find out more about the area in which you live
- a local green space
- spend more time in the great outdoors
For more information about volunteering in Chesterfield, please ring:
01246 474 967 for Poolsbrook Country Park
01246 230 731 for Holmebrook Valley Park