Food hygiene and disease
The Food Team works to protect public health and support businesses to ensure that they comply with food law requirements.
The main aspects of this work are:
- inspecting food premises in the borough and taking all necessary steps to protect the health of consumers
- responding to national warnings about food safety without delay
- investigating complaints about food and food premises
- investigating cases of food poisoning
- providing advice on food safety and communicable disease
- sampling food to ensure satisfactory standards
If you require advice on food safety, please do not hesitate to contact the Food and Health & Safety Team:
Food and Health & Safety Section
Telephone: 01246 345 345
Fax: 01246 345 760
Links to related websites
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) is an independent professional body and registered charity representing those who work in environmental health and related disciplines.
The Food Standards Agency is an independent food safety watchdog set up by an Act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.
The Health Protection Agency's role is to provide an integrated approach to protecting UK public health through the provision of support and advice to the local authorities, particularly in the control of infectious diseases.
The Food and Health & Safety Section investigate complaints about hygiene at food businesses and complaints about food.
Please see the complaint information sheet below.
|Food Safety Complaint Information Sheet||(pdf 107 KB)|