The Healthy Living Centre at Staveley offers top class health, sport and leisure facilities for Chesterfield. We offer a wide variety of activities for people of all ages and abilities at affordable prices. The Healthy Living Centre lets you, your friends and family get active and enjoy a happy and healthy lifestyle using local facilities.
The centre is easily accessible by pedestrian routes through Staveley town centre. We are also walking distance from Poolsbrook Country Park.
How to find us
The main bus terminal is situated directly opposite the centre. The 77 bus runs from Chesterfield to Barlborough and the 46 connects Bolsover, Arkwright and Calow, also calling at Chesterfield.
The entrance to the the centre is off Barlow Road via Market Street. Free parking is provided on site at the front and adjacent to the building. There are disabled car parking bays located close to the centre and automatic access doors for easy access to the building.
Chesterfield Borough Council aims to reduce the impact of travel on the enviromnent, so wherever possible please travel by public transport, car share, walk or cycle to the centre.
- 25 metre six lane swimming pool with adjustable floor and underwater lighting
- pirate themed soft play area which accommodates up to 60 children
- 10 metre high indoor climbing wall and separate bouldering room
- 150 station fitness suite gym
- two studios
- health spa comprising sauna, steam and aromatherapy steam
- meeting room suitable for functions and seminars
- café and social area with outside terrace
- Treasures crèche run independently
- beauty therapy from Time Beauty
The centre has been awarded the Inclusive Fitness Mark by the IFI at Provisional Level. They have recognised our commitment to improving customer service and access for disabled people. The swimming pool has a hoist so that disabled user groups can easily gain access to the pool through the push of a button.
New online customer feedback system
We'd love to hear your feedback and our new online system makes it even easier for you to let us know what you think.