Our customer service centre has moved
Our customer service team is now based at Chesterfield Town Hall on Rose Hill - get directions here.
Please note: our new customer service centre does not accept payments - find out other ways to pay.
Our customer service team is the first point of contact for our residents, visitors and local businesses.
Our advisers answer around 200,000 calls and see around 40,000 visitors at our Customer Service Centre each year.
Call or text us
You can call us on 01246 345345 from 8.30am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday, and between 10am and 5pm on Wednesday.
If you call outside these times you will hear instructions for what to do if you have an urgent problem such as an emergency repair, lost dog, flooding or are homeless.
You can also send a text to 07960 910264 - this number is only monitored during opening hours and doesn't accept voice messages.
Contact us online through My Chesterfield
You can send us general enquiries online.
Protecting your privacy - find out how we protect your information
Some of our services have direct email addresses - you can find these on the information pages of our website.
Visit the Customer Service Centre
Town Hall, Rose Hill, Chesterfield, S40 1LP. Find out how to get here and where to park.
The Customer Service Centre is open 9am to 2pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday, and between 10am and 2pm on Wednesday.
Licensing enquiries are by appointment only - contact our licensing team to arrange an appointment.
Write to us
Chesterfield Borough Council
- Benefits - Housing Benefits, discretionary housing payments, benefit fraud investigations
- Business Rates - accounts and recovery of Business Rates (National Non-Domestic Rates) payments
- Council Tax - accounts, payments, recovery of outstanding amounts and Council Tax Support claims
- Rents - accounts and recovery of overdue payments of rent for council properties
- Miscellaneous accounts and debt recovery - such as commercial rent, trade refuse, legal debts and other invoices
Licensing applications and enquiries, such as:
- alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshments and temporary event notices
- gambling, street collections, house-to-house collections
- scrap metal and motor salvage
- taxi and private hire vehicles
We can help with enquiries about registering to vote, voting by post or proxy, the electoral register and up-and-coming elections.
We deal with enquiries and complaints about:
- air quality
- construction and demolition
- contaminated land
- industrial processes
- light nuisance
- noise control
- odour nuisance
- smoke, dust and bonfires
- statutory consultations
You can apply for a Derbyshire County Council Gold Card travel permit at the Customer Service Centre.
Contact us to request a repair, or check progress on a repair to a home you rent from us.
Homelessness prevention and support.
Planning and development control matters including:
- applying for planning permission
- viewing and commenting on a planning application
- appeals against planning decisions