Our customer service team provides a first point of contact for our residents, visitors and local businesses.
Our advisers answer around 200,000 calls and see around 40,000 visitors at our Customer Service Centre each year.
You can call us on 01246 345345 at these times:
Monday: 8.30am to 5pm
Tuesday: 8.30am to 5pm
Wednesday: 10am to 5pm
Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
Friday: 8.30am to 5pm
Contact us by using our online form.
85 New Square, Chesterfield, S40 1AH, you can find us off New Square, just up from Subway.
Monday: 9am to 2pm
Tuesday: 9am to 2pm
Wednesday: 10am to 2pm
Thursday: 9am to 2pm
Friday: 9am to 2pm
Licensing enquiries are currently by appointment only, to arrange an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01246 345230.
Where to park - the closest car parks are Rose Hill and Soresby Street pay on return car parks. There is also on-street meter parking on Rose Hill at the front and sides of the Town Hall. Find out more about parking here.
Contact us aboutExpand all
We can help with enquiries about registering to vote, voting by post or proxy, the electoral register and up-and-coming elections.
We deal with enquiries and complaints about:
- air quality
- construction and demolition
- contaminated land
- industrial processes
- light nuisance
- noise control
- odour nuisance
- smoke, dust and bonfires
- statutory consultations
Contact us to request a repair, or check progress on a repair to a home you rent from us.
- Benefits - Housing Benefits, discretionary housing payments, benefit fraud investigations
- Business Rates - accounts and recovery of Business Rates (National Non-Domestic Rates) payments
- Council Tax - accounts, payments, recovery of outstanding amounts and Council Tax Support claims
- Rents - accounts and recovery of overdue payments of rent for council properties
- Miscellaneous accounts and debt recovery - such as commercial rent, trade refuse, legal debts and other invoices
We also deal with all other incoming calls to the council's main phone line and will transfer your call to the correct team if it's about a service that's not listed above.
Other services available at the Customer Service Centre
Homelessness prevention and support.
Licensing applications and enquiries, such as:
- alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshments and temporary event notices
- gambling, street collections, house-to-house collections
- scrap metal and motor salvage
- taxi and private hire vehicles
Planning and development control matters including:
- applying for planning permission
- viewing and commenting on a planning application
- appeals against planning decisions
Gold card applications - you can apply for a Derbyshire County Council gold card travel permit at the Customer Service Centre.
Customer service management team
Head of customer centric services - Damon Bruce
Revenues manager - Carolyn Szadura
Customer services manager - Chris Walton
Benefits manager - Paul Radcliffe