You can now access many council services online – at a time that suits you – through our secure digital platform.
From telling us about something that needs cleaning up in your neighbourhood, to managing your Council Tax bills and payments, you can manage and track a range of services by signing up to ‘My Chesterfield'.
Why register for My Chesterfield?
Through My Chesterfield you can:
- manage your Council Tax bills and payments, sign up for e-billing and direct debits
- check your bin collection day, request a service or report a problem with your bins
- tell us about something that needs cleaning up on a street, road or park
- report an issue that’s affecting you, such as noise or smoke
- see information about your local councillor
- tell us you have changed address
If you spot a problem like graffiti, litter or dog fouling, you’ll be able to report it on the move – there and then from your phone. Let us know what’s wrong, mark the location on the map and send us a photo. Details will then be sent straight to the team responsible for cleaning it up.
Because you are registered there's no need to fill in all your details every time you contact us.
My Chesterfield also has a secure portal called 'My Services' that lets you manage your Business Rates, Council Tax or benefit account, with additional services for local landlords. My Services allows you to add multiple accounts, so you can manage all your information in one place, without having to log into each account separately.
Sign up for a My Chesterfield account
My Chesterfield is for residents, businesses and visitors in the Chesterfield Borough Council area.
Registering for an account is quick and easy. We will need to know:
- your name and address
- your phone number
- your email address
If you add a Council Tax, Business Rates, benefit or landlord account you will need your account or claim reference number. For your security we will verify your identity before giving you online access to your account.
Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.
Using My Chesterfield
You can access My Chesterfield on any device. Below are the recommended browsers for the most popular types of device. For best results please use the latest version of your device's operating system and browser.
- Apple Mac OS - Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Windows - Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (for Windows 10 only), Mozilla Firefox
- Android phone or tablet - Google Chrome
- iPhone or iPad - Apple Safari
- Windows 10 phone - Microsoft Edge
Some of our forms in 'My Services' work best on Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 11.
Problems using My Chesterfield?
If you are having trouble registering for or using My Chesterfield you can let us know here.