Chesterfield residents now have until Friday 15 July to enter the annual best kept garden competition.
The deadline has been extended to allow more people to take part.
There are ten categories open for entries in the competition, which is run by Chesterfield Borough Council as part of the Chesterfield in Bloom campaign.
- Best front garden sponsored by Fredericks Ice cream
- Best back garden (up to 80m2)
- Best back garden (larger than 80m2) sponsored by the National Market Traders’ Federation
- Best container garden or hanging basket sponsored by Bannerbox
- Best blooming pub or restaurant sponsored by Weightron Bilanciai
- Best kept allotment site (two acres and above) sponsored by Select Seeds
- Best kept allotment site (less than two acres) sponsored by Chesterfield Markets
- Best kept individual allotment plot (150m2 and above) Sponsored by Dunston Hall and New Leaf garden centres
- Best kept individual allotment plot (less than 150m2)
There is also a prize for the best overall garden sponsored by Killingley Landscapes.
Chesterfield in Bloom forms the borough’s entry to the East Midlands in Bloom competition.
Some of the entrants into the best kept garden competition may be visited by the East Midlands in Bloom judges next month as part of their tour of the borough.
Download your entry form here:
First published on 27 June 2016
Last updated on 07 July 2017