Chesterfield Borough Council’s leader, Councillor Tricia Gilby has named her Cabinet following the local elections on 4 May.
Cabinet is responsible for making decisions on all matters except for the council’s regulatory functions and policy and budget setting, which is carried out by Full Council.
Most Cabinet Members have responsibility for a specific area of the council’s work, Cabinet Members with portfolios include:
- Councillor Tricia Gilby: Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Economic Growth
- Councillor Amanda Serjeant: Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Finance and Asset Management
- Councillor Martin Stone: Cabinet Member for Climate Change, Planning, and Environment
- Councillor Kate Sarvent: Cabinet Member Town Centres and Visitor Economy
- Councillor Jonathan Davies: Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing
- Councillor Jean Innes: Cabinet Member for Housing
- Councillor Judy Staton: Cabinet Member for Governance
- Councillor Gavin Baldauf-Good: Cabinet Member for Customers and Business Transformation
Cabinet will also be attended by Councillor Paul Holmes, the Leader of the Liberal Democrat group, which is the oppostition on the council.
Councillor Tricia Gilby, Chesterfield Borough Council’s leader said: “I am pleased to welcome some new faces to cabinet following the recent local elections – the new cabinet line-up recognises the skills and abilities of our members.
“Over the next four years, we will continue with our plan to make to make Chesterfield a thriving borough, to improve the quality of life for local people and to build a resilient council.”