Residents and visitors to Chesterfield can take part in a series of themed activities at Chesterfield Borough Council’s annual medieval fun day event.
The event, which takes place on Tuesday 26 July from 10am to 4pm, will see a host of fun activities taking place in and around the town centre including:
- Market stalls from charity stands to street food as well as a whole host of traders from Chesterfield’s general and flea markets
- Medieval themed entertainment in the market place and Market Hall including a court jester, medieval beggars, goblin, big bad wolf and dragon
- Medieval encampment in the grounds of the Crooked Spire with troop marches at 11am and 1.30pm and skirmishes 12.30pm and 2.30pm
- Find out more about the crusades and hear tales of battles and Richard the Lionheart at Chesterfield Museum
- Take a trip up Chesterfield’s world-famous Crooked Spire – tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children.
There will also be a fun fair in New Square on Tuesday 26 July and Wednesday 27 July.
Councillor Amanda Serjeant, Chesterfield Borough Council’s cabinet member for town centre and visitor economy said: “The medieval fun day is always a great day out and a way for families to learn together about the past.
“With events taking place in the town centre and at Chesterfield Museum, there really is something for everyone.”
First published on 20 July 2016
Last updated on 07 July 2017