Chesterfield youngsters can visit Santa in his grotto at the Market Hall in the run up to Christmas.
Santa has now taken up residence in the Chesterfield Borough Council–run centre offering slots for children until Christmas Eve.
The grotto will be open on the following days and times:
- Thursday 10 December, 11am to 3pm
- Friday 11 December, 11am to 3pm
- Saturday 12 December, 10am to 3pm
- Sunday 13 December, 10.30am to 1.30pm
- Thursday 17 December, 11am to 3pm
- Friday 18 December, 11am to 3pm
- Saturday 19 December, 10am to 3pm
- Sunday 20 December, 10.30am to 1.30pm
- Monday 21 December, 11am to 3pm
- Tuesday 22 December, 11am to 3pm
- Wednesday 23 December, 11am to 3pm
- Christmas Eve, 10am to 1pm
Councillor Amanda Serjeant, Chesterfield Borough Council's cabinet member for town centre and visitor economy, said: "With Christmas almost upon us, most children will be heading for a visit to Santa.
"While the children visit Santa in his grotto, the adults can visit the stalls and shops in Chesterfield Market Hall to buy their last minute Christmas bargains and support local traders."
A visit to Santa costs £3.50 per child, with every child receiving a gift. Contact Market Plaza Cafe on 01246 277 574 to book a place.
Chesterfield Market Hall will open every day until Christmas Eve, including Sundays 13 and 20 December offering more time to shop for Christmas bargains.
Chesterfield residents can use their parking permits to park for free on the Sundays and before 10am and after 3pm on weekdays and Saturdays.
The parking permit can be used in the following car parks: Albion Road, Ashgate Road, Derbyshire Times, Devonshire Street, Durrant Road, Hollis Lane (excluding on-street bays), Holywell Cross (the Donut), Spa Lane, Station Road, St Mary’s Gate, Theatre Lane and West Street.