Due to the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday 29 May, there will be a number of changes to council services. Please see the latest updates below:
Bins due to be collected on Monday 29 May will be collected on Saturday 27 May.
Please make sure your bin is out ready for collection by 7am as crews may be collecting at different times.
The Customer Services Centre will be closed for general enquires on Monday 29 May. You can still report issues like missed bins or littering online using My Chesterfield.
If you are facing homelessness as a result of an emergency situation, please call P3 Charity on 08081 692 333 for advice and assistance.
Emergency council house repairs
If you are a council tenant and need an emergency repair for something like a burst pipe, please call 01246 345041. Please note this is for emergency repairs only and the operator will not be able to transfer calls or handle other enquiries.
Visitor Information Centre:
The centre will be open as normal on Monday 29 May, between 10am and 3.30pm.
Market and Market Hall:
The Market Hall will be closed on Monday 29 May.
The outdoor market will be open for business but will have a reduced selection of traders on both days.
The Pavements Shopping Centre
The centre will be open between 10am and 4pm on Monday 29 May.
Queen’s Park Sports Centre
On Monday 29 May:
- The gym will close at 7pm
- The last booking for badminton and squash will be at 6pm
- The pool will close at 2.45pm
- The last fitness class on will be body combat at 6pm.
Swimming lessons will take place as normal except for the following classes which will be cancelled:
- Survive and Save: 6.15pm - 8.15pm
- Rookie 2: 6.30pm - 7.30pm
- Rookie 1: 6.45pm - 7.15pm
Healthy Living Centre
On Monday 29 May
- The gym, spa, soft play and climbing wall will all close at 6pm.
- The last fitness class will be aquacise at 12pm.
- The pool will close at 3.45pm.
All swimming lessons will take place as normal.