Chesterfield residents have the opportunity to gain a qualification to work in the construction industry.
A partnership between Chesterfield Borough Council, Fortem and Chesterfield College will offer a four-week course beginning on Monday 4 November combining two weeks college learning, two weeks work experience and three days of employability workshops.
People completing the course will gain:
- City & Guilds level 1 award in health and safety in the construction environment
- NCFE entry 3 certificate in occupational studies
- NCFE level 1 award in money management
- UKATA approved asbestos awareness course
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme card.
Councillor Terry Gilby, Chesterfield Borough Council’s cabinet member for economic growth, said: “This course offers a great opportunity for people to gain experience in the construction industry and will help them looking for jobs in the future.
“I’d encourage people who are looking to find construction work to sign up for the course.”
For more information, visit: www.chesterfield.ac.uk/fortem or call (01246) 500701.
First published on 04 November 2019
Last updated on 11 November 2019