Commercial building services for homeowners
Before you employ a builder or contractor to carry out repairs and improvements to your home, why not get a price from us?
We can offer everything you need to look after your home:
- Fitted kitchens, bathrooms and wetrooms
- Extensions, conversions and alterations
- uPVC windows, doors, gutters, fascias and soffits
- Roof replacements and repairs
- Electrical re-wiring
- Central heating servicing and installation
- Drainage works, garden landscaping and groundworks (such as site clearance and ground stabilisation).
As Chesterfield’s biggest housing landlord, with over 40 years experience managing all aspects of home improvements and home repairs, we can offer you a wide range of professional building and home improvement services.
As your local council we're not some ‘here today, gone tomorrow’ company, we're an organisation you can trust to see the job through from start to finish, with all work done to the highest standards at competitive prices.
We guarantee all of our work which provides you with peace of mind, knowing we’ll always be around to offer the highest quality after-sales care.
And as a member of the Derbyshire Trusted Trader scheme you can be sure we'll do a good job at a fair price and are committed to providing good customer service.
Put simply, we offer everything you need to look after your home. So put us to the test today - call us free on 0800 587 5659 and ask us for a no obligation quote.
We also offer a full repairs and maintenance service - from a leaking tap to leaking guttering, from a broken door handle to broken windows we can deal with those everyday jobs you need sorting. Find out more below.
We can provide you with a professional kitchen fitting service from start to finish including:
- kitchen design
- building work, structural alterations and removal of your old kitchen
- electrical installations such as new or updated sockets and lighting
- plumbing installations including water supply, drainage and gas fitting
- installation of kitchen units, worktops and appliances
- floor coverings such as tiling or an alternative floor covering of your choice
- wall tiling, painting and decorating.
Our bathroom installation service covers everything for your new bathroom or wet room including:
- design and planning, including wet room conversions and adaptations for customers with disabilities
- building works and structural alterations to make the space suit your needs
- removal of your old bathroom suite and fittings
- installation of new fittings including all water and drainage connections
- electrical installations including extractor fans, electric showers and lighting
- wall tiling, floor coverings and decoration.
We can offer you a complete design and build service for any size of home extension and provide assistance with your application for planning permission and building regulation approval.
We can also build to your own plans and specifications subject to planning approval/building regulations if required.
Full uPVC window and door service from site measure to installation including making good to all surrounds, inside and out.
We use a high quality profile system which offers security and thermal efficiency along with the latest double/triple glazing, depending on your requirements.
We can also design and fit a conservatory of any size and style to suit you (subject to planning and building control permissions), and make alterations to surrounding paths and retaining walls to suit your new conservatory.
We can offer you a full range of roof repair and improvement works including:
- change of roofing material (subject to planning approval)
- renewal of roofing membrane, timbers and any associated structural work
- party wall secret guttering where your roof meets a neighbouring roof
- pointing and repairs to chimney stacks
- replacement fascias, soffits, guttering and down pipes
We can provide you with a full design and build service for any alteration works to meet your access needs, including assistance with obtaining planning and building regulation permissions. Adaptations offered include:
- stair lifts
- internal alterations
- hand rails and grab rails
- widening internal and external doorways
- kitchen, bathroom and wet room adaptations
Our competent and qualified electricians can carry out every aspect of electrical works including:
- full or partial re-wiring of your home
- minor works and repairs such as extra power points or lighting
- replacement consumer units and ring mains
- property security systems installed
- electrical testing and certification.
Our competent and qualified engineers can install service and repair your gas central heating system. We can:
- replace your old central heating boiler with a modern, efficient model
- service your existing boiler and carry out repairs
- attend emergency breakdowns
- install additional or replacement radiators and valves
- replace your full gas central heating system including radiators, room thermostats and thermostatic radiator valves
We can give your home a fresh new look by renewing your old gutters, fascias and soffits with modern replacements.
Choose from uPVC or a material of your choice (subject to planning approval).
We can also repair, alter or extend your existing installation as required.
We offer a full drainage inspection, repair and installation service:
- computerised camera inspection with data and photo print-outs.
- removal of blockages and root growth
- jet cleaning of drains
- realignment of drains where subsidence has occurred
- renewal of man hole and chamber covers
- installation of new drainage systems
- land drainage
- surface water handling systems
We offer a comprehensive repairs service across all trades including joinery, plumbing, brickwork, plastering, gas and electrical.
All repairs works undertaken no matter how small or large the job is:
- damp problems, condensation, rising damp
- fencing, gates
- paths and driveways
- external rendering
- hanging tiles
- replacement of internal and external doors and locks
- glazing and windows
- flooring issues, timber and concrete
This is a service for owner occupiers, if you are a council tenant you should contact the housing team to report a repair.