Repairs and improvements
Our repair responsibilities
As your landlord, we have the responsibility for replacing or repairing items that were part of the premises when a tenancy started.
If they are damaged through normal wear and tear we will repair major items such as:
- foundations and external walls
- roof, gutters and rain water pipes
- central heating and hot water systems
- windows, doors and frames
- baths, sinks and toilets
- fittings for the supply of gas, electricity and water
Your repair responsibilities
We expect you to:
- take care of your home, including taking reasonable steps to make sure your home is not damaged
- repair damage caused by you, your family or visitors
In some cases we may repair damage that you have caused, but the cost will always be recharged to you.