Before you move into your new council home, we inspect the property to ensure that it meets the council's lettable standard.
- make sure that the property is structurally sound
- carry out gas and electrical safety checks and issue the certificates required by law
- test all smoke alarms that are in the property
- make sure the hot water and heating system is working properly
- make sure that all of the plumbing fixtures and fittings are free from leaks and drips
- reglaze windows where necessary
- where floor covering exists, make sure there are no tripping hazards
- make arrangements for all rubbish, etc., to be cleared from gardens
- provide assistance with decoration vouchers if we feel the standard of decoration is not reasonable
- make sure that the property is cleaned and left in a presentable condition
- provide a Welcome Pack to help you settle into your new home
These service standards have been developed with tenants.