Repairs (housing properties)
Our services may be affected at this time, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
We are currently only carrying out emergency repairs to our council houses and when doing so the council’s staff will be following the government’s guidance regarding social distancing. All other repairs are on hold until further notice.
Emergency repairs hotline: 0800 587 5659 (01246 345041 outside office hours).
Please visit our Coronavirus information hub to find out more.
Service standards for repairs
You can report a repair to us by:
Out of hours emergency repairs can also be reported on 01246 345 041.
When you report a repair, we will:
- offer a choice of appointment times
- attend to emergency repairs within 24 hours
- complete urgent repairs within five days
- complete routine repairs within 20 days
- send an acknowledgement confirming the detail about the repair and the timescale within which it will be completed
- write to you to confirm the date/time of appointment and the work that will be carried out
- send a text message to your mobile or a voice message to your land line to remind you of the appointment made with you
- we guarantee to call on the date agreed
These service standards have been developed with tenants.