Barrow Hill environmental works
In 2014 Chesterfield Borough Council's Housing Services appointed Eamonn Byrne Landscape Architecture (EBLA) to develop and manage a £4 million programme of environmental improvements at the London Boroughs Estate at Barrow Hill. After two local consultation events, draft master planning proposals were developed. The draft proposals were approved by the council in March 2015 and work on the detailed design preparation of a planning application took place through the remainder of 2015.
A copy of the overall landscape plan can be downloaded below.
The planning application was submitted in January 2016. Full details on the proposals can be viewed in the planning pages of the website using reference CHE/16/00027/FUL.
The proposals include:
- new roads through the estate to improve access
- improving car parking throughout the estate
- re-routing and redesigning pathways
- introducing shared surface streets and courtyards
- making improvements to the green spaces
- improvements to garden boundaries
- demolition of two blocks of flats
The works are projected to start on site in June or July 2016 and to be completed by December 2017.
If you have any queries and want to know more about the proposals, please contact either James Crouch at Chesterfield Borough Council's Housing Services on 01246 345 150 or Eamonn Byrne from EBLA on 01904 623 144.