Housing policy library
Housing Services has a number of policies that set out how we will operate and what our customers can expect from us.
- This policy sets out the commitment of the Council’s Housing service to reduce anti-social behaviour.
- This is the property allocation scheme setting out how council properties are allocated and those of other social landlords where the council has nomination rights to their properties.
- This policy sets out the types of tenancy the Housing Service will offer tenants. The tenancy policy follows the Council’s tenancy strategy. A new tenancy policy is to be consulted on and updated in early 2021.
- This policy sets out in what circumstances the Council’s Housing service will consider a mutual exchange and / or an assignment of a tenancy (when a tenant passes their tenancy to another party). This policy will also be reviewed in 2021 as part of the tenancy policy consultation.
- The Decants policy sets out the service tenants can expect from the Council’s Housing service when they need to be moved out of their home either in an emergency or due to significant works taking place at the property that could not be done if a tenant remained in the property, whilst the works are carried out.
- The Tenants incentive scheme sets out what tenants can expect from the Housing service when they are seeking to downsize their home.