When you request an internal repair, you will be asked if you would like an appointment – or you can ask for one.
We will agree a date with you – either morning or afternoon. We need to give our contractors at least three days' notice to enable them to organise the necessary materials and labour. This means that if you report a repair on Monday, the earliest possible appointment would be on Thursday.
- If all of the appointment slots are full for a particular day, we will suggest another day. We will do our best to find a suitable day for you.
- Our contractor will call to carry out the repair you have requested. Please ask to see their identification.
- We will do our utmost to call as early as possible to avoid you having to wait until the latter part of the morning or afternoon.
- If you want an appointment but know that you will have to slip out, for example, to take children to school or collect them later, please tell us and we will ask the workmen not to call at that time.
- We can also make appointments for major work, but it will usually be necessary for an inspector to visit you first to assess the amount of work required.
Emergency repairs are not part of this arrangement. When an emergency arises we will continue to provide 24-hour cover. If you have made an emergency call-out request, please make arrangements to allow us access.