Chesterfield Borough Council’s Careline is an alarm monitoring system that is available to anyone living within the Borough of Chesterfield who may consider themselves vulnerable and in need of assurance and security.
Why have an alarm?
It provides peace of mind, not only for you but also for your family and friends.
The alarm can be used around the home day or night to summon help for a variety of reasons:
- if you have fallen
- accidents in the home
- medical emergency
- domestic violence
- bogus callers
- anti-social behaviour
What can the Careline operator do?
- offer advice and reassurance
- send a response officer to assist
- call emergency services
- call family or friends
- call for medical assistance
How does it work?
The alarm unit is connected to your existing telephone line.
- You will have a choice of pendant that will either be worn around the neck or on your wrist.
- There is no charge for installation.
- There is no additional charge for visits following calls for assistance.
- There is no charge for servicing or maintenance.
- Mobile phone units are available if ever your BT line becomes faulty.
- Our Careline operator will even call you on your birthday.
The service may be free of charge to people in receipt of certain benefits.
If you would like further information, call Chesterfield Careline on 0300 323 0076.