Blue Badge parking
The Blue Badge scheme helps you park closer to your destination if you have severe walking difficulties.
Blue Badge saver permits
We offer a discount for Blue Badge holders when parking in our multi-storey car parks and in all of our pay and display car parks. Soresby Street and Rose Hill car parks are not included in this scheme as they are 'pay on return' barrier controlled car parks.
We also have a dedicated car park for Blue Badge holders only on Old Ship Lane (close to T.J. Hughes at Vicar Lane). Find out more here.
Parking savers can be bought for the car parks shown below:
Multi-storey car park
Pay and display surface car parks
- Devonshire Street
- Derbyshire Times
- Durrant Road
- Hollis Lane
- Old Ship Lane
- Queens Park Annexe
- Queens Park North
- Queens Park South
- Spa Lane
- Station Road
- Theatre Lane
If Blue Badge holders arrive and pay on the day, the full parking tariff will apply.
Find details of our car parks.
The weekly saver allows discounted parking for blue badge holders at a rate of £5 for seven consecutive days. Tickets are bought in advance and used when you need them.
The annual saver allows blue badge holders to park all day, every day (including bank holidays) for a whole year at the discounted rate of £50.
Weekly saver tickets can be purchased for either the multi-storey car park OR our pay and display surface car parks*.
Multi-storey car park
You can buy a weekly saver permit at the attendants' office at New Beetwell Street multi-storey car park.
You will need to bring the following with you when applying for a weekly saver:
- a valid Blue Badge
- £5 fee
To help us enforce the scheme, you must display a valid Blue Badge when you park, including within parking bays reserved specifically for blue badge holders.
Surface car parks
You can buy a seven day scratch-card ticket from either the Visitor Information Centre near the Crooked Spire, or the attendants' office at New Beetwell Street multi-storey car park. The scratch cards cost £5 each and can be used for seven consecutive days from the first day you scratch it off.
You don't need to show your Blue Badge when buying the pass, but you must display your Blue Badge along with the scratch card when using it.
To use your weekly saver you need to scratch off:
- the month
- the year
- SEVEN consecutive days from the first day you are using it.
If the seven day period runs from one month into the next, scratch off both months.
Display the scratch card face up (blue side up) on your dash board next to a valid Blue Badge.
* Weekly savers are issued for either the multi-storey car park OR the surface car parks, and are not transferrable between the two.
Our annual savers offer all-day parking, including weekends and bank holidays, for one year at either the multi-storey car park or our pay and display surface car parks*.
You can buy an annual saver ticket at the attendant’s office at New Beetwell Street multi-storey car park.
You will need to bring the following with you when applying for an annual saver:
- completed application form can you add a link to the form on our website
- vehicle registration document
- valid driving licence
- valid Blue Badge
- £50 fee (payment by debit or credit card is preferred).
Chesterfield Borough Council has a right to refuse an application for, or renewal of, an annual saver if there are inconsistencies in the documentation provided.
If you lose your annual saver we can replace it for a £5 charge.
How to use your annual saver
For surface car parks, the annual saver should be displayed face up (blue side up) on your dashboard next to a valid Blue Badge.
In our multi-storey car park, to help us enforce the scheme you must display a valid Blue Badge when you park - including within parking bays reserved specifically for blue badge holders.
* Annual savers are issued for either the multi-storey car park OR the surface car parks, and are not transferrable between the two.
- the weekly and annual savers are only valid when the Blue Badge holder is present with the vehicle either as the driver or as a passenger
- the parking saver is only valid for the car parks listed
- parking savers are issued for either the multi-storey car park OR the surface car parks, and are not transferrable between the two
- the parking saver does not guarantee a parking space
- vehicles must be parked within a marked bay
- the weekly scratch card must be used by the last date shown on the card and is non-refundable
- we have a right to inspect a Blue Badge, we will withdraw the parking saver if it is misused
- you should observe and comply with any parking regulations
- if you don't comply with these conditions you may be issued with a penalty charge notice
- we have the right to refuse the sale or issue of a parking saver ticket
- Chesterfield Borough Council can cease to offer the discounted parking saver at any time
- if you fail to comply with any of the conditions your parking saver will become invalid and we will not issue you a refund.
Please note: by purchasing a Blue Badge advance permit you are not guaranteed a parking space due to availability at peak times. However, we do have plenty of car parks for you to choose from, and your permit can be used in any of the spaces in our car parks, not just disabled bays. Find car parking here.
Contact us if you are a Blue Badge holder and have difficulties using or accessing our car parks. Call our parking services team on 01246 345593 and let us know what we can do to help.
Free parking is allowed for Blue Badge holders if parked in a designated disabled bay - time limits vary so please check the on-street signs when you park. The Blue Badge must have the serial number and the expiry date facing upwards. Find on-street parking here.
How to apply for a Blue Badge
Applications for Blue Badges should be made via Derbyshire County Council.
How to apply for a Blue Badge and further information on the scheme can be found on the Derbyshire County Council website.
For any more information, please call 01629 580 000.