Safer car parking in Chesterfield
Many of our car parks have achieved the ParkMark® Safer Parking Award.
The Safer Parking scheme aims to reduce crime and the fear of crime in parking areas.
For customers, using a ParkMark® Safer Parking facility means that the area has been vetted by the police and has measures in place in order to create a safer environment.
For more information visit Safer Parking.
The majority of our car parks are patrolled on a regular basis by our enforcement contractor NSL and monitored by camera 24/7 by our CCTV operators.
The following car parks have been granted the ParkMark® Safer Parking award:
- Albion Road
- Ashgate Road
- Beetwell Street Multi-Storey
- Durrant Road
- Hollis Lane
- Holywell Cross
- Queen's Park North
- Queen's Park South
- Rose Hill
- Saltergate Multi-Storey
- Soresby Street
- Spa Lane
- Station Road
- St Mary's Gate
- Theatre Lane
Please help us and the police to reduce car crime by following the advice below.
- Always lock all doors and close all windows.
- Don’t leave valuables in the car. If you must, lock them in the boot out of sight. If detachable, remove the stereo and Sat Nav device.
- If you leave your vehicle overnight, choose a well-lit place.
- Fit a car alarm and make sure it’s on whenever you leave the car.
- Ensure that alloy wheels are protected with locking wheel nuts.
- After parking always check that the steering lock has engaged.
- Do not leave animals in the car. We may request the police and RSPCA to break in to release the animal.