Pay by phone
A new flexible way to pay for parking in Chesterfield - Pay by phone
From Monday 7 September, you will be able to pay for parking* in the council's pay and display car parks using cashless payments via an app on your mobile phone.
Where can I pay by phone for parking?
PayByPhone will be available in the following car parks:
How to pay by phone
To use the cashless system to pay for parking, you will need to download the app onto your mobile phone from your app store (Apple App store or Google Play Store). Once you have the app on your phone, you can register within the scheme and start to pay for parking from your phone straight away.
You can also telephone 0800 536 0614 or online at www.paybyphone.com to pay for parking.
1. Download the app
Visit your app store and search for PayByPhone Parking, to download the app to your phone.You only need to download the app once to your smart phone.
2. Add location code
Find the location code which will be on the car park sign and enter this into the app.
3. Add length of parking
Enter the length of time you want to park in the car park into the app. Confirm your parking selections and go on your way.
You don't have to display a ticket in your vehicle if you have paid using Pay by phone.
4. Extend your parking
If you need to add more time to your parking, add it using the app - no need to go back to your vehicle. Open the app and tap 'extend'.
Parking staff will be informed via online devices of which vehicles parked have used Pay by phone to pay for their parking.
For videos on how to use the Pay by Phone app, please visit the app YouTube channel:
What are the benefits for using pay by phone?
- No more looking for the right change
- Register multiple vehicles via the app
- Contactless payment
Receive parking expiry reminders***
- Receive receipts for parking straight to your phone by text** or by email, or download them
- Secure payment - fully compliant payments with payment card industry data standards
- No more trying to remember what time you parked at, how much parking you paid for or when your parking session is due to expire
- Extend your parking session from where ever you are
- Don't run out of parking time
- No rushing back to put more parking on your car
- Take your time when visiting Chesterfield.
- Support available 24/7
- Visit the website or call the helpline number: 0800 546 0614
Parking permits are available via Pay by phone.
*A 3p fee in addition to the parking fees is incurred for using this service.
**A 15p fee in addition to the parking fees is incurred for using this service.
***A 15p fee in addition to the parking fees is incurred for using this service.