Saltergate multi storey car park guide
We have provided some quick guides on how to use the facilities at the Saltergate multi storey car park
How to use your card to enter the car park in your vehicle
- At the entry barrier hold your card up to the machine where the contactless sign is for a few moments. Do not press for a ticket and do not insert your card into the barrier.
- The barrier will then raise.
- Approach the shutters until they raise and allow access into the car park.
- If your card has no credit remaining it won’t allow entry, you must press for a ticket and visit a pay machine to renew it before you may exit the car park.
How to enter the car park on foot
- At the top of the stairwell, next to the door on the left hand side is a keypad.
- Hold your card up to the keypad for a few moments and the access door will open automatically.
How to exit the car park in your vehicle
- Approach the exit shutters and once they have raised approach the barrier.
- Hold your card up to the machine where the contactless sign is and wait for the barrier to open. Do not insert your card ito the machine.
How to top up your parking card at the pay machines
- Hold your card up to the machine, where the contactless sign is, for a few moments (this will register your details). Do not put your plastic card into the pay machine.
- The display screen on the pay machine will then give you an option to purchase up to a maximum of 20 days and a minimum of 5 days. Please note the machine will initially show the highest amount so you should use the arrow down icon to select which option you require.
- Payment should be made using cash, debit / credit card, contactless, or apple/android pay. If you are making payment by card, please follow the instructions on the chip and pin panel.
- A receipt can be obtained by pressing the button on the machine before making payment.