Residents' on-street parking permits
A residents' parking scheme is in force on streets surrounding Chesterfield town centre.
Derbyshire County Council has created three residents' parking zones on streets that experience high levels of non-resident parking (for example by shoppers and commuters) for long periods of the day, meaning that residents find it difficult to park their vehicles.
Civil enforcement officers carry out the enforcement of parking restrictions within these zones, if you park in a residents' only space without a permit you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice.
- Albion Road
- Clarence Road
- Foljambe Road
- Lower Grove Road
- Rose Hill
- Rutland Road
See a map of zone A including the restrictions in force here:
- Avondale Road
- Cobden Road
- Compton Street
- Cross Street
- Fairfield Road
- Gladstone Road
- Marsden Street
- Queen Street
- St. Margaret’s Drive
- Tennyson Avenue
- West Street
See a map of zone B including the restrictions in force here:
- Abercrombie Street
- Alder Court (10, 11)
- Amber Court (10, 11)
- Avon Court (10, 11)
- Brunswick Street
- Canal Wharf
- Dowdeswell Street
- Hardwick Street
- Hazelhurst Avenue
- Hazelhurst Lane
- 1st cul-de-sac (west)
- 2nd cul-de-sac (east)
- Haslem Court (1, 3, 5, 7)
- Higher Albert Street
- Highfield Road (6 to 30, 1 to 5)
- Lea Court (10, 11)
- Madin Street
- New Queen Street
- Newbold Road (43 to 89)
- Princess Street
- Regents Gardens
- St. Helen’s Street
- Sheffield Road (5 to 55, 52 to 56)
- Victoria Street
- Wharf Lane
See a map of zone C including the restrictions in force here:
Permit details for zones A, B and C
Permits are available to purchase from Chesterfield Borough Council who administers the scheme on behalf of Derbyshire County Council.
Cost of permits
- residents permit (first permit) £35 per year
- additional residents permits: £50 per year, per permit (no limit)
- annual visitor permit: £13 per year (limited to one per property) - this is a flexible permit for any visitor to your property, therefore it does not need to registered to a particular vehicle
- visitor day permit: £3 per day (scratch cards – minimum purchase of five (£15), with a maximum of 25 per year, per property)
- business permit: £70 per year (limited to one per business within the zone)
- registered charities are eligible to apply for two free permits per year
- disabled residents may be eligible for a free resident's permit, subject to a mobility assessment by Derbyshire County Council. Telephone 01629 533190 for more details
Please note: permits will only allow you to park in the zone that they have been issued for, not in any zone.
Park Road, Beetwell Street, Hollis Lane and South Place
Park Road, Beetwell Street, Hollis Lane and South Place are not included in the residents' parking zones listed above - different charges apply and permits are available to residents only. Applications for residents parking permits for these streets should be made using the relevant form below.
How to apply for a permit
Please complete the relevant application form below and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with scanned copies of the relevant documents. We will contact you to take your application fee by debit or credit card over the phone.
Alternatively please print the application form and send it with photocopies of the documents required to:
Chesterfield Borough Council
For further information, telephone parking services on 01246 345593. Please note that we do not accept cash with applications..
Chesterfield Borough Council will no longer be sending out renewal notices for permits. Please note the renewal date in your diary for future reference.
New permits - Lost permits or change of vehicle
If you require a new permit due to a change of vehicle or have lost your permit, please complete a further application form (see above) by filling in the appropriate sections and returning it to Parking Services.
If you require any assistance please contact Parking Services on 01246 345593 or email@example.com
Find out more
There's more information about residents' parking schemes on the Derbyshire County Council website.