Celebrate your child's birthday with a party at our Queens Park Sports Centre or the Healthy Living Centre
Whether they fancy a swimming, soft play, climbing wall, bouncy castle or sports party, we’ll make sure it's an unforgettable occasion!
Party activities last an hour, but you can extend the fun by hiring our party space for an extra hour afterwards.
See our choice of parties below or find out:
Swimming parties provide a splashing good time for children (and parents) of all ages, under supervision at all times from our qualified lifeguards.
You can book a pool party:
- with floats and pool toys in the small pool at Queen's Park Sports Centre - ideal for younger children
- in the main pool at Queen's Park Sports Centre with our giant inflatable, or just floats, rafts and toys - great for older kids that can swim 50 metres or more
- at our Healthy Living Centre pool with floats and other pool toys - the pool floor is adjustable for different abilities, so let us know what suits you.
See our pool admissions policy for guidance on adult to children pool ratios.
Up to six children, aged seven and over, can enjoy a climbing wall party at our Healthy Living Centre.
Parties are available on Saturday afternoons at 2.30pm and are supervised by a qualified climbing instructor.
Parental consent forms (below) must be completed by the parent or guardian of each child that will be climbing. You don't need to bring any special equipment as we'll provide everything you need as part of the party package.
Please bear in mind that:
- a parent or guardian needs to remain on site throughout the session
- sensible clothing must be worn, skirts are not acceptable for climbing
- open-toe footwear is not suitable for climbing
- all jewellery needs to be removed before the session.
Book a party in our Jolly Jack's Pirate Playzone for your child and their friends, aged between two and ten years of age.
Parties are available every day of the week at the Healthy Living Centre, you can choose from:
- a shared party - up to 20 children can party for an hour in our soft play area, other customers may be using the facilities at the same time, or
- a private party - up to 60 children can enjoy an hour's exclusive use of the soft play area, and have it all to themselves!
Choose from a variety of fun sporting parties at our Queen's Park Sports Centre.
Sports parties take place in our sports hall and are fully organised and supervised by our qualified staff. Make up teams and play five-a-side football, basketball, netball or other team games.
Pick your favourite activity or choose a combination - have a chat with our staff when booking. Up to 30 children can attend our sports birthday parties.
You can book a sports party between the following times:
- Sunday between noon and 4.30pm
Up to 30 children can bounce all their energy away at a fantastic bouncy castle party at Queen's Park Sports Centre.
You can book a bouncy castle party between the following times:
- Sunday between noon and 4.30pm
Party space hire
For a small extra charge you can hire an area to have your party food. We don't currently offer catering, but guests that hire our party space are welcome to bring their own food - don't forget the cake!
There's a meeting room available at Queen's Park Sports Centre, and space in the viewing area at the Healthy Living Centre for you to use. Tables and chairs are provided, but you'll need to bring everything else.
What will it cost?
See our full price list for the cost of birthday parties and party space hire at our centres.
How to book
Fill in a party booking form and take it to reception at the centre you'd like to hold your party at. We'll take a payment when you book - see the booking form for details.
Make sure you've given us all your contact details, including a contact phone number and an email address if you have one. We'll let you know as soon as possible if your chosen date isn't available.
Need to cancel?
If something comes up and you need to cancel a party booking, please let us know as soon as you can, and at least seven days in advance.
If you don't give us seven days' notice you will be charged the full party amount, unless we are able to re-sell that party slot to another customer.
If you have any queries about a birthday party booking, please contact us.