Adult swimming lessons
It's never too late to learn how to swim, build water confidence or improve your technique, with our Learn to Swim programme for adults.
Our greatest wish is that you learn to love swimming and continue to improve. We will always work with you to encourage and support you, and move at your own pace.
We appreciate that learning to swim as an adult takes a lot of courage, and many of our students tell us they wish they had done it years ago!
Beginners: specifically designed for adults to gain water confidence, learn basic strokes and swim up to a distance of 5 metres.
Improvers: for adults who can already swim short distances (5-10m), to help develop their swimming stroke and improve their stamina.
Stroke Development: perfect for those who are wanting to perfect their technique, or maybe in training for a triathlon! These classes focus on improving your technique, strokes and breathing. Swim ability of over 25m.
We offer a variety of ways to learn to swim.
- courses of 12 week blocks, in a group session
- drop in sessions, taught in a group
- one to one sessions - the focus is totally on you, and will be specifically designed around you
We are adding to our programme all the time. If you don’t see a time that suits you, please contact us as there maybe more we can offer. Currently we offer:
Queen's Park Sports Centre:
- Monday 10.30am to 11.15am - Beginners (drop in session)
- Monday 11.15am to 12 midday - Improvers (drop in session)
- Monday 12 midday to 12.45pm - Stroke Development (drop in session)
- Monday 7pm to 8pm - Stroke Development (drop in session)
- Wednesday 6.30pm to 7.15pm - Beginners
- Wednesday 7.15pm to 8pm - Improvers
- Wednesday 7pm to 8pm - Stroke Development (drop in session)
- Saturday 8.45am to 9.30am - Beginners
Healthy Living Centre:
Friday: 10.30am to 11.15am - Beginners
Course fees and prices
See our full price list for details of current charges
Contact us to find out more, we really want you to swim and will be able to answer your questions and reassure you.