We are now in a national lockdown: Stay at home
People must adhere to the following restrictions:
You must stay home.
Only valid reasons to leave your home:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible (vulnerable children or children of critical workers)
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable you should only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential. You should not attend work
To find out more, please visit: GOV.UK
Stay alert, control the virus, save lives
We're working closely with lead health organisations to ensure that the people of Chesterfield are protected and kept well informed.
We would like to remind residents that it is crucial that they follow the Government guidelines about social distancing if they do have to leave their home.
When you do leave the house, you must ensure that you follow social distancing guidelines.
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms:
Detailed information for the public on the outbreak of Coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and information about the virus and its symptoms is available on the GOV.UK website.
You can also find the latest information on the NHS website.
NHS test and trace
The NHS COVID-19 test and trace app is now available to download onto your smart phone - to download it, for more information about it and how to use it visit the NHS COVID app website.