We would like to remind residents that it is crucial that they follow the current Government guidelines about staying at home and social distancing.
Stay at home
You should only leave your home to get groceries or medical supplies, to help vulnerable people by getting shopping, for one exercise session a day and for essential travel to work.
When you do leave the house, you must ensure that you follow social distancing guidelines.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres from anyone not in your household
- Wash your hands regularly
- Cough into a tissue or into your arm
- Avoid touching your face or nose
For more information from the government about Coronavirus and the new measures in place:
Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do - GOV.UK
Good hygiene is key to preventing the spread of viruses including coronavirus.
The NHS have advised the following steps can help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
However, these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the virus.