Under the Chesterfield Members' Code of Conduct, members register certain categories of interests (listed below) by providing written notification to the Monitoring Officer. Members need to register these interests within 28 days of his or her election or appointment to office. It is good practice if they also notify the Monitoring Officer of any changes to these interests. Within 28 days they must notify the Monitoring Officer of any additional pecuniary interests declared at meetings.
The register is kept by the Monitoring Officer and can be inspected at the Town Hall. Details of Members' interests can also be viewed on the pages about our Councillors. For information about the Register of Interests please contact the Monitoring Officer:
Telephone: 01246 345 310
or the Deputy Monitoring Officer:
Telephone: 01246 345 313
Disclosable pecuniary interests
Interests relating to themselves and/or their spouse/partner
- Any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain.
- Any payment or provision of any other financial benefit (other than from the relevant Council) made or provided within the relevant period in respect of any expenses incurred by me in carrying out duties as a member, or towards my election expenses. This includes any payment or financial benefit from a trade union within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992.
- Any contract which is made between the relevant person (or a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest) and the Council - (a) under which goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed; and (b) which has not been fully discharged.
- Any beneficial interest in land which is within the area of the Council.
- Any licence (alone or jointly with others) to occupy land in the area of the Council for a month or longer.
- Any tenancy where (to my knowledge) - (a) the landlord is the Council; and (b) the tenant is a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest.
- Any beneficial interest in securities of a body where - (a) that body (to my knowledge) has a place of business or land in the area of the Council; and (b) either - (i) the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body; or (ii) if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that class.
(a) Body to which he or she has been appointed or nominated by the authority as its representative.
(b) Gifts and hospitality over the value of £50 (gifts and hospitality below that level can be registered on a voluntary basis).
For further information, contact the Monitoring Office on 01246 345 309 or 345 310.