Data Protection Act 1998
Chesterfield Borough Council has to process information in order to deliver and improve services to our citizens.
The Data Protection Act 1998 says that any personal data we collect and hold about you has to be:
- processed fairly and lawfully;
- used only for the purposes we tell you about when you give it to us, and not for any incompatible purpose;
- accurate, relevant, and not excessive;
- kept secure and not kept any longer than necessary;
- not shared with anyone else unless you have given your consent or we are allowed to do so by law.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access any information that we hold about you. You can get this by making a Subject Access Request.