Out of hours and emergency information

Out of hours and emergency information

If our offices are closed, you can still report an issue, request a service or find out information online.

Popular topics Expand all

Our benefits and advice section cover a wide range of queries about Council Tax support and housing benefit.

If you think someone is claiming housing benefit, Council Tax support or other welfare benefits when they are not entitled to, you can report it in confidence.

Report benefit fraud online here.

If you are on a low income you may be able to get help to pay your Council Tax or rent, whether you live in council, housing association or privately rented property.

Find out how to claim benefit here.

You can report a missed bin collection, or other problem with bins and bin collections, at any time, and we will deal with your enquiry when our offices open again.

Report a missed bin here

Find out about bulky waste collections, including what we can take, how much it will cost, and how to arrange a collection.

Call the Careline and response service on 0300 323 0076 - our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergency and response calls.

For general enquiries please call us Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm.

Find out more about our Careline response and support service.

If you have a complaint about one of our services, you can report it to us online.

We'll deal with your enquiry and get back to you when our offices are open.

Send us your complaint here.

Our frequently asked questions cover a wide range of queries about paying your Council Tax bill.

If you see a building or structure (such as a wall, advertising hoarding etc) that is unsafe and likely to cause damage to people or property, you should report it to us.

Find out about reporting a dangerous building or structure here.

Our dog control pages have information about what to do if you lose your dog, find a stray dog or witness a dog behaving dangerously outside office hours.

Find out more here.

Find out about setting up a Direct Debit, or what to do if there is a problem with your direct debit or payment for:


If you see a dog fouling problem you can report it to us online.

You can also let us know about dog owners that regularly don't clean up after their pets.

Report dog fouling here. 

Let us know if you see fly-tipping and we'll arrange to clear it away and investigate who is responsible.

Report fly-tipping here.

Use our online form to contact us online outside normal working hours.

We'll deal with your enquiry and get back to you when our offices are open again.

Contact us online here.

If you have, or are at risk of developing a medical condition, we can help you to exercise and be more physically activity to help improve your health.

Find out about the health referral scheme here.

Our homelessness team can offer advice to help you avoid becoming homeless, and support when you have nowhere to stay.

Find out about the help you could receive if you are at risk of being homeless, and who to contact in an emergency.



Find out about noise problems and what we can do to help.

You can also report a noise issue online and it will be investigated when the offices reopen. Please note we don't provide an out-of-hours service for noise problems.

Find out about noise or report an issue here.

Call 105 or 0800 678 3105 for emergency information about power cuts.

You can also get the latest updates about power cuts in your area on the National Grid website.

You can request a routine repair online and your enquiry will be dealt with when our offices reopen.

If you have an emergency repair, such as a burst pipe, that needs attention outside of normal office hours or at the weekend, please telephone the out of hours service on 01246 345041.

If the weather is bad, whether it's a storm, blizzard or heatwave, you can find out if our services have been affected.

We've also got together lots of useful links to services provided by other organisations, such as the county council, utilities, travel companies and the emergency services.

Find out about services affected by severe weather here. 

To find out if there is a problem in your area, or to report an issue with your water supply, contact Severn Trent Water.

If there's a problem with the public drains and sewers, you need to contact Yorkshire Water to let them know.

Last updated on 23/11/2023