Report a health and safety problem

If you are concerned about health and safety at a workplace, you can report it to us.

For example, you may want to report:

You can tell us about a problem at any or the premises we are responsible for. Alternatively, you might need to report the problem to the Health and Safety Executive.

If your enquiry is urgent please contact us here.

Concerned about health and safety at one of our buildings or with one of our services?
Please report the problem to the service area direct or contact our customer services team.

*Deaths, serious injuries, disease and 'near misses'

If you are an employer, self-employed or are the responsible person in control of work premises, you must submit a RIDDOR report if there is a serious workplace accident, occupational disease or dangerous occurrence (near miss) at your workplace. Find out more here

Report a problem at a workplace

You can report health and safety concerns to us whether you are an employee, an employer, or a member of the public.

You will need to tell us the name and address of the person or business involved and give us full details of what has happened.

Report a health and safety problem

Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.

What we can do

We will investigate to find out what has happened and take action where necessary. 

We may issue enforcement notices to address occupational health and safety risks and secure compliance with the law. Businesses or responsible individuals may be prosecuted if they have failed to safeguard health and safety.

You might also be interested in:

Last updated on 21 July 2021