Change of address

  • The Council Tax change form will be unavailable from Wednesday 28 February at 11.30am until Friday 1 March 12pm (noon).

    We hope to have it back up and running as soon as possible, if you need any help please call our customer services team on 01246 345345 or contact us online.

Let us know if you, or someone that lives with you, changes their address.

This could be because:

  • someone moves in with you
  • someone moves out of your home
  • you move into (or out of) a property in Chesterfield

We will update your Council Tax account to make sure that you are paying the right amount, for the right address.

If you are a landlord you can tell us about a change of tenant here.

Do you claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support?

Please call us on 01246 345497 or email to let us know that you are moving home or to tell us about other changes. You can't send us details online at the moment.

If you don't claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax support

You can tell us about a change of address online. 

We will need to know:

We will also ask about any property owners or landlords involved in your chain, if there is one. If you don't have all the information available you can save your form and finish it later.

You can tell us about your change of address through your My Chesterfield account, where you can also manage your Council Tax account online.  

If you don't want to sign-up for a My Chesterfield account you can:

Report a change of address

Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.

What we will do

We will update your Council Tax account and send you new bills if we need to. 

If we don't have enough information we will get in touch to ask you for more details.

If you pay by direct debit we will let you know if your instalments change. 

Registering to vote

If you change address you will need to register to vote at your new address.

You might also be interested in:

Last updated on 05 February 2021