Change of tenant

Let us know if a tenant moves into or out of a property that you own.

We will need to update our Council Tax records to make sure that we are sending bills to the right person. We will also stop payments if your tenant was claiming Housing Benefit. 

Tell us online

We need to know:

  • your tenant's name and the tenancy start or end dates
  • the type of tenancy, and whether the property is rented furnished or unfurnished

We will also ask if you have contact details for your tenant and a forwarding address if they have moved out.

Report a change

Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.

What we will do

We will update our Council Tax records. 

If your tenant was claiming Housing Benefit and has now left, we will stop their payments.

If we don't have enough information we will get in touch to ask you for more details.

You might also be interested in:

Last updated on 03 November 2020