Chesterfield's historic Victorian Market Hall was built in 1857 and reopened in 2013 after a multi-million pound refurbishment.
The Market Hall houses a variety of indoor stalls, a cafe, outdoor units, accessible toilet facilities with the Assembly Rooms and meeting spaces upstairs.
The Market Hall is open Monday to Saturday, 8:30am to 5pm.
Traders inside the hall include:
- 1001 Vac and Electrical Spares
- Aunty Dot’s Sweets
- Chris Norton Butchers
- Charles Hedley Country and Workwear
- Footbox Footwear
- Foxolotl – Crafts
- iTalk mobile repair centre
- Market Hall Café
- R B Elliott and Son (Butchers)
- Slow Toad - Vintage Clothing
- The Wool Cabin
Traders on the outside of the hall include:
- Aeon Times
- Chris Maggs Podiatrist and Chiropodist
- Desi Mini Mart
- Davidson’s Cheese Factor
- Esberger Carpet and Vinyls
- Esberger Fabrics
- Mobile Repair Doctor
- Magnolia Barbering
- Market Hall News
- Mirage Cigarettes Ltd
- Spireites Youth Hub
- Thanks A Bunch Flowers and Gifts
- The Chesterfield Hearing Practice
- The Nail Bar
- Upper Crust
- Zero Tattoo Gallery
The Assembly Rooms upstairs have also had a face lift and can be hired for parties, dances and meetings. Find out more here.
Changing places accessible toilet facilities
At the Market Hall there is a 'changing places' toilet that contains a hoist, bench and extra space for children and adults that need help using toilet facilities.
Find out more about our changing places toilet facilities here.